At its core, planning for retirement is not very complicated. It’s simply an exercise in finding the answers to a number of questions. Questions like can I afford to afford to retire when I want? Or how much can I spend without getting into trouble once I stop working?
However, just because something is simple doesn’t mean it’s easy.
Many people feel overwhelmed when it comes to Retirement Planning. They often don’t know where to start or what questions to ask.
At the Hafner Financial Group, we specialize in helping our client create the retirement of their dreams. This is our niche. This is our focus. You don’t need a degree in finance, all you need is some help. Someone to guide, help and educate you. Someone to help you make appropriate decisions so you can keep getting a paycheck after you stop working.
We accomplish this by following our 6 step Financial Roadmap.
- DREAM BIG. Once you stop working, you’re going to have more time on your hands. In Step 1, we begin by thinking about where you want to go and what you want to do. What do you want to see along the way and what would you like to avoid? How long will this trip take? What sort of challenges do you need to be prepared for?
- GET GROUNDED. Next, we Inventory your assets and liabilities so we can see what resources are available to make your dreams possible. How much will you get from Social Security? Do you have a pension? How much have you saved for retirement and what sort of debts are you carrying? This analysis will result in a Personal Net Worth Statement.
- COLLABORATIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING. With this step we are now ready to begin making your dream retirement a reality. We do this by loading your assets, incomes and basic needs into our Financial Possibilities Wizard or FPW. Once that is done, we are free to begin sprinkling your various hopes and dream into the mix.
Do you wonder if you can afford that big vacation you’ve been thinking about? Once we load it into the FPW we can instantly see how that expense affects the viability of your Retirement Plan. We then repeat this process until we have added in as many of your hopes, dreams and wishes as your financial situation seems to reasonably accommodate.
This tool puts our clients in the driver’s seat. It empowers them to pretty much do their Financial Planning themselves. But don’t worry, we’ll be beside you all the way, helping you avoid problems and see options you might not have thought of. We feel that this will be one of the best Financial Planning exercises you've ever experienced.
- INSULATE INCOME. In this step, we show you how to help insulate your Retirement Income from the inevitable volatility of the Stock Market. We do this by working together to implement a strategy that is unique to you and the level of risk you are willing to accept.
- MONITOR & REVIEW. Creating a good and happy retirement requires your time and attention, just like every other important and valuable thing in your life. Things are always changing and we want to be sure that our plan is bending with these changes rather than breaking. That is why we meet with our clients two or three times a year to review thier plan.